Thursday, August 17, 2006

cherries

God! Cherries are such a wonderful fruit! And believe me I know a lot about cherries because I've been a cherry picker during summer 2002 in the beautiful Okanagan Valley, located in the province of British Columbia, Canada. Since then, I'm a little more picky when I buy some at the grocery store, and I've never tasted as good cherries as I did that summer... Still, I need my cherry fix a couple of time a year, and it's a great thing because cherries abounds in multiple phytochemicals compounds and antioxydants that may prevent aging and related diseases.

Nutrition facts for 10 cherries : 49 calories, 0.7 g fat, 11.3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0.8 g protein. My comment : Cherries are delicious as a snack or dessert. I know there's also great recipes in which cherries can be used, but they never last long enough to be cooked!!!

No comments: