Saturday, February 17, 2007

vegetarian chili

This vegetarian chili is a favorite of my boyfriend and I cook big batches so I always have some ready in the freezer! Of course, I use my favorite bean, black bean, but I also use crumble tofu so I get a delicious healthy comforting meal!

.Vegetarian chili
12 servings
.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large onions, chopped
1 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 zucchini, diced
2 x 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
1 pound tofu, crumbled
6 cups cooked black beans
2 cups frozen corn kernels
2 tablespoons chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
  1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil.
  2. Add the onions and cook until transparent.
  3. Add the bell pepper and zucchini. Cook 3 to 5 minutes.
  4. Add the tomatoes, tofu, black beans, corn, and seasonings.
  5. Simmer at medium intensity about 30 minutes.
  6. Serve with corn tortilla chips and garnish with a little cheese!
Nutrition facts
[for 1 serving]
269 calories, 5 g fat, 0.8 g saturated,
44 g carbs, 11 g fiber, 15 g protein

No comments: