Monday, June 05, 2006

kiwi

I can remember the first time I saw that unappealing fruit with the fuzzy peel... I probably was around 7-8 years old and it didn't attract me a lot... especially that my mother obliged me to eat the whole fruit... Yes, you read right, she used to make me eat the hairy peel... burk!

But, since we learned to dig the delectable flesh with a spoon, it's one of my favorite fruit! I love the sunny design that is secretly hidden inside! What's more? Kiwi is an really good source of vitamin C and K, and abounds in various antioxydants that can fight diseases, such as cancer. Also, the potassium content of 1 kiwi is the same as 1/2 - 1 banana, which is considered to be one of the best potassium sources... What's so interesting about potassium? Well, besides many other important roles in the human body, it is proven that it can contribute to lower blood pressure. Moreover, a recent research conducted by the University of Oslo in Norway showed that kiwi consumption (2-3 a day) would have similar benefits as aspirin by thining the blood! So dig in, because kiwis might have other good-for-your-health secrets that you could begin to benefit right away!


No comments: