- Heat the olive oil and cook the onion and leek until tender.
- Add the potatoes, broccoli florets, and broth. Bring to a boil and simmer about 10 to 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat and allow the soup to cool slightly.
- Transfer the soup in a food a processor and purée until smooth and creamy.
- Return to the pot and heat at medium intensity until hot.
- Turn off the heat. Add the parmesan and evaporated milk. Season to taste and serve!
[for 1 serving]
147 calories, 4.2 g fat, 1.7 g saturated,
22 g carbs, 2.5 g fiber, 8 g protein
Fresh light biscuits
1 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
2 tablespoons warm water
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup chilled light butter, diced
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- Preaheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast and warm water. Stir gently and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the butter and cut it into the flour with a pastry cutter or a fork.
- Add the buttermilk and yeast and mix gently.
- Knead lightly for 1 minute.
- Roll evenly and stamp out biscuits with a glass.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet, leaving 1" between them.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned.
[for 1 biscuit]
91 calories, 1.5 g fat, 0.5 g saturated,
16 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein