If you enjoy mexican flavors, try this vegetarian meal loaded with tex-mex flavors! It's a good way to be introduced to beans. I used red kidney beans, but black beans would have been great too! Use the veggies you have on hand and adjust the heat by adding more or less chili powder.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Cook the onions until transparent.
- Add the zucchini and bell pepper and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the rice, water, chili powder, diced tomatoes, beans, and corn.
- Heat over medium-high intensity and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer a few minutes until the rice is tender.
- Serve and garnish with shredded cheese.