Even if tofu is quite flavorless on its own, it can taste really good depending on the food you cook it with! Try this fruity recipe to sneak tofu into your menu.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the coconut and flour.
- Cut the tofu block into 8 "steaks".
- Press the tofu "steaks" into the coconut mixture on each side.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the canola oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Add half of the tofu "steaks" and cook until brown on each side. Put the grilled tofu "steaks" in the oven and repeat with the remaining tofu.
- To prepare the salsa, mix the peaches, lemongrass, basil, rice vinegar, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Serve the over the tofu.
[for 1 serving]
251 calories, 16 g fat, 4 g saturated,
19 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein