Pasta is one of the easiest and fastest meal to cook! Luckily, making it healthy is also a cinch! Try one or more of the followings to improve the nutritional profile of your favorite pasta:
- try whole-wheat pasta
- add veggies
- sneak in garlic to boost the flavor
- choose low-fat cheese like part-skim mozzarella
- use only a small amount of tastier cheese like parmesan
- prefer tomato-based sauce to cream-based sauce
Garlicky vegetarian pasta
.4 cups whole-wheat dry pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
12 garlic cloves
4 cups brocoli chopped
2 cups tomato sauce
1/4 cup fresh basil
1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella
1/4 cup parmesan
- Cook the pasta.
- Hydrate the sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water at leat 15 minutes. Drain and chop.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and cook the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and brocoli. Add the tomato sauce and heat until hot. Add the basil and add the drained cooked pasta. Blend well.
- Serve with cheese.
Nutrition facts for 1 serving : 450 cal, 11 g fat, 3 g saturated, 82 g carbs, 5 g fibers, 19 g protein